Golden State Appeal
Wednesday March 11, 2015
Second Appellate District, Division 6
Presiding Justices: Presiding Justice Arthur Gilbert
Associate Justice Kenneth R. Yegan
Associate Justice Steven Z. Perren
We now wait for the court’s decision
that we hope will be in less than 30 Days
Come to the Democratic Club meeting (you don’t have to be a member) at the Art Center on Monday, March 23rd, at 7:00 PM to hear how Ojai FLOW thinks things came out.
- On September 25, 2014, Golden State filed their appeal.
- On October 28, 2014 Casitas filed their rebuttal and on October 27, 2014, Ojai FLOW filed theirs.
- On January 14, 2015 Golden State filed their rebuttal to Casitas
- On January 28, 2015 four public agencies (Calif. Water Agencies, League of Calif. Cities, Calif. State Association of Counties, and California Special Districts Association) filed a friend of the court brief in Support of Casitas.
- January 28, 2014, two for profit organizations (Park Water Company and The Calif. Water Association) filed friend of the court briefs in support of Golden State.
Ojai rate payers have paid over $5 million dollars
and increasing at $9,315 per day (See counter below)
because Golden State has prevented us from getting
the Casitas water rates that we voted for.
On August 27, 2013, nearly 90% voted YES
It has been:
582 days 44 minutes 23 seconds
Golden State’s lawsuit is costing us
- $9,315 – per day
- $388.12 – per hour
- $6.46 – per minute
- $0.11 – per second
Don’t fool around with Ojai,
FAREWELL GOLDEN STATE!
We went over the top, with 87.4% voting Yes.
This is unheard of and we should all be proud to be part of such a united community. This election will go down in history and used to show that people
can control their destiny.
FINAL VOTE COUNT:
Total Registration = 4,796
Total Ballots Cast= 2,464 (51.3%)
Yes Votes = 2,154 (87.4%)
NO Votes= 310 (12.6%)
Overseeing the Vote count on election night.
August 13, 2013
Left, Pat McPherson (Ojai FLOW Chair) – Steve Wickstrum (Casitas Gen. Mgr.) –
Russ Baggerly (Casitas Board member for Ojai)
THANK YOU OJAI.