Reference Info. » Contact California Public Utilities Commission

Contact the California Public Utilities Commission (PUC)

If you are in disagreement with the proposed rate increase, you can let your voice be heard about Golden States rates or other issues by sending an email or letter to the CPUC (California Public Utilities Commission).  After you have mailed or emailed your letter to the CPUC, you could contact your County, State Senate or Assembly representative and express your opinion.

Please note:
The letter to the CPUC is the most important thing you can do
to express your opinion about Golden State Water

Should you decide to send an e-mail or letter to the CPUC,
you must place in the subject line or heading of your letter the following:

“Golden State Water Company’s Application No. 11-07-017”
Email address:
(You can use the sample letter from below)

Also, it has been stated that it would be a good idea to CC the following on all of your emails:
Please do not send an attachment of a document. Place your comments in the body of your email.
Also, depending on your email provider, you may opt to include a “Read Receipt” and mark the message as “Priority.”

A sample letter can be found here for download:
Sample Letter in Rich Text Format

(can be imported in any word processing software incl. email)


Written letter address:
CPUC Public Advisor
505 Van Ness Avenue, Room 2103
San Francisco, CA 94102

Please include Rate Case # A1107017 with comments.
Public Advisors office will forward comments to:

  • California Public Utility Commissioners
  • Administrative Law Judge (ALJ)
  • Dept of Rate Advocates   (DRA)

« Back to Reference Info. index